Student Job Opening
Temporary, Full time (35 hours per week, some evening and weekend hours required)
Anticipated start date: Monday, June 25, 2018
End date: Friday, August 24, 2018
Location: Four Fathers Memorial Library (Amherst, NS)
-Must be between the ages of 15 to 30.
-Must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or a person who has been granted refugee protection under the Immigrations and Refugee Protection Act and is legally entitled to work in Canada.
Must be a full-time returning student.
Must have public service skills.
Must have a working knowledge of Windows, Searching the Internet, & word processing programs.
Must have a working knowledge of social media websites.
-Must complete a Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Helping members of the public learn to use computer hardware and software components. This includes navigating the internet, learning to use certain types of software (eg: Microsoft Office), email, social media and learning to use new hardware like tablets and smartphones.
- Review and update previously created training materials in order to ensure they are relevant.
- Develop PowerPoint presentation(s) as required.
- Create promotional materials (Flyers, posters, online ads, etc).
- Create handouts and cheat sheets for tablets, laptops, mobile devices, software, etc.
- Demonstrate to the public how to use Lego Robotix, Makey Makey and other specialized pieces of technology.
-Working on the front desk of the Amherst Library. This includes checking out & checking in books, assisting patrons in finding information, using the library catalogue and the Internet.
-Assisting with children’s programs.
-Other duties as required.
Please send resume with 3 references to:
Denise Corey, Chief Librarian
Cumberland Public Libraries
PO Box 220
Amherst, NS B4H 3Z2
or email: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: May 18, 2018